Travel to Guatemala with me!
The Guatemalan Boutique Tours
2020 All-inclusive Cultura Tours
February 19 - 26, 2020
Claudia Lopez, owner and curator of the Guatemalan Boutique, will host this small tour group, that explores Guatemalan, Textiles, Art & Cuisine. Go back in time, as the tour begins in the historic City of Guatemala and ends at the colonial town of Antigua.
The tour will include visits to markets, museums and specialized textiles shops. Participate in Hupil demonstrations and learn about the history of the textiles, to include the differences in color, styles and symbolism from various regions of Guatemala.
The tour will begin in Guatemala City, with a visit to ‘Museo Ixchel del Traje Indigena”, a museum that highlights the history of Guatemalan textiles. An afternoon in the Mercado Central, and visit to the “Popol Vuh Museum” host to a very fine collection of Mayan royal pottery. The tour will also experience the beauty of Lake Atitlan and the villages of Santiago and San Juan La Laguna, that surround the lake.
A highlight of the tour will be a visit to Chichicastenango’ s market. The largest and most colorful market in all of Central America! The final leg of the tour will be the charming colonial town of Antigua.
Once the capital of Guatemala and of all of Central America. Antigua is a historic town, with magnificent churches, parks, museums and charming shopping.
The tour includes all cultural themed meals, accommodations, demonstrations and tours. It excludes alcoholic drinks and airfare from your US city to Gautemala
Day 1 Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- Arrive Guatemala City – Welcome Dinner
Day 2 Thursday, February 20, 2020
- A visit to Museo Ixchel del Traje Indigena – Traditional Maya textiles Museum
- Popol Vuh Museum, a very fine collection of Mayan royal pottery.
- A visit to the main Mercado Central
- Guatemala’s National Palace
- Traditional Guatemalan Dinner
Day 2 Friday, February 21, 2020
- Depart to Panajachel
- A stop “Katok” for lunch
- Arrival in Panajachel – Shopping Calle Santander
- Cultural Themed dinner “ Pirguinos”
Day 3 Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Explore Villages of Lake Atitlan
- Board a private boat from Lake Atitlan to the village of San Juan La Laguna.
- Visit the women’s textile to see hand weaving and the natural dye process used to make their famous petates: woven mats made from lake reeds.
Continue to the village of Santiago, where villagers still adhere to the traditional lifestyle of the Tz’utuhil Maya.
- Along Santiago’s main street are art galleries filled with oil paintings depicting busy market scenes and typical life in the highlands.
- Evening Dinner in town
Day 4 Sunday, February 23, 2020
- Early departure to Chichicastenango market.
- Chichicastenango is a Mayan community with a world famous handicraft market, described as the most colorful in the country.
- Afternoon departure to the colonial town of Anigua
- Dinner in downtown Antigua
Day 5 Monday, February 24, 2020
- A tour of Antigua famous landmarks & shopping
- Iglesias de la Merced
- Nim Po’t Centro de Textiles Tradicionales
- Arco de Santa Catalina
Day 6 Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Free time to explore the city of Antiqua
Day 7 Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Good-by Breakfast
- Pack your treasures
How do I sign up?
The textiles of Guatemala
February 19 - 26, 2020
Questions:contact Claudia at 408-644-3557